Thursday, April 29, 2010

Come Summer

This new
Soft

Brown
Legged girl

Dreams
Aches

Burns to drink
Up these sunny days;

Oh-
How I long to feel,
Let them satiate

With every step I take.

I wish

You'd speak slow to my ears,
When you come about-
Sweet

Moon

And give my hips
Something to swing to.

Dream not.

Speak still-
Move slow,

Into the arms
Of who you

Want me to-

And let me feel them
Head to toe.

Slip sweetly
Into my heart

That
Oh
Beats
Slow

And

Speed it up
For that summer
Beat you know;

And we'll sing it together-
Guitar in hand

While in the hills
We'll dip below-

And hold each other
Closer than the world would like to know-

Come on summer

Bring me love,

That will fill me up;
And drink me up-

And give these
Soft, sweet,
Feet somewhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment