Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Letter to You.

Dear Reader-

I am sitting on my front porch this morning, listening to the birds sing, sipping up my fourth cup of coffee.
All around me is happiness.
I have come a million miles from the girl who wrote "Passion and Picture Windows" and you, have come with me every step of the way. It really has been an incredible journey!

Last December, I began letting people really read my work for the first time ever and to my surprise, they-or you, dear reader, actually became interested in what I had to say. I can't tell you how surprised I was, and still am that I've received messages from both people I know and love, and people I've never met before-encouraging me to keep going; that is such a compliment-such a blessing, such an inspiration!
And keep going-I've decided to do...but unfortunately not here. "From there to Here" will be the last blog that I compose in my seven volumes of work. After May, I am going to fight back the urge to keep posting and...add them to my anthology instead!
Because of your interest, I have stayed inspired and because of your help I have been searching around, and have spoken to an editor. Like all things, there are no guarantees-but I'm seriously looking into getting published; something I would have never considered without your support!
So, I want to thank you for what you've done-giving me the confidence in myself to start such a huge project.
No-matter what happens, even if nothing comes out of it, I just feel so incredibly lucky that you guys have given me the extra boost to get all of my poetry in one place-so far, I have 140 pages. And I'm even happier that in-turn, many of you have given me the honor of letting me read your work as well; and that we can share such a beautiful art together! It's been a blast, and such an incredible blessing!
I thank you guys every day. You are my very best friends; my family, my inspiration, my heart! I am so lucky to have you!
Love Forever,
Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment