Wednesday, April 28, 2010

South, Roam I Do...

My legs
Seem short-

Stretch long.

Sing further south of here;
To reach,

Perhaps some-

Air you've been breathing
In
Or letting win
And conquer you-

As it files out again.

Oh, so-
Pause fates,
For you,
I wait
And
Naked
Wade through pavements,
That grate

On my bare toes

And hips that swing
Side to side-
High and Low

Traipse only in the
Direction

You. Know.

And still?

Booming.
Crippling.
Slowing yet
Quick...

Knowing
If I do
No SOUND
Will resonate
From your
Shallow
Lips;

But this known-
My pace never slows-

This discourages
Me nil.

With hope I am
Still.

Aching me,
For soothing,
South of here

Even if it's only a dream;

Where my shoulders
Might square off with yours
Stand parallel-
And erect mansions
That stand
Quiet-
Sleep on a silent hill;
Frozen in time-

Where even streams and pools
Rushing over riverbeds
Would
Stand
Still.

Enough
Space in between-
For a quiet whisper.

One foot.

Providing the facade
Of laughter
A bed to fall into...

Letting it
Spiral down
To it's fatal doom
Like
Sonnets do-
And hit the dull ground

Or tears.

Between the
Burning rubber soles
Of your shoes

And lonely mine too;

A coffin for such toes
That have longed to intertwine
And embed themselves
In the legs of you.

Anchor them here-
Oh-while limbs
Plead and beg
Where words have nothing to say.

Screaming
Sighing
Heavily
"STAY HERE..."

Whilst your
Sign says
"Out for winter".

These keys-
The metal clinks,

I sling...
Just south of here,

Pray you-

Might find the one
Deciding to open the door
Of what we used to be;
To our retreat.

That it would melt your frosted
Hands
That once so soft
And warm again-
Would hold me
Like they held me

Not leave-

Not

Just this-

Guitar strings
That only stain bliss
With shattered singing-

And me-
Little me,

Gulping down the air
Of the single
Spare
Fragments
You had the decency to leave

Behind-

Whistling to the memories'
Melodies,
My heart has starved
My future to find

While

Every last finger
Rummages through
Like a scavenger-
Hungry...

Bleeding for
The past in
Desperation...

Spending
Time-
Traveling
Somewhere Distant
In
Some
Distant
Desperate
Desert

Hoping

Pining for your soul;
In the empty southern planes...

And what feels like

The southern continents

Of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment