Friday, May 14, 2010

I Believe You,



I Believe You-

But I don't believe
Myself.

I don't believe I did what was
Right-

And even though you say to me,
I did the best possible thing,

It doesn't take the sting away.

It doesn't take the miss away.

It doesn't give me that full
Feeling

And so I'm without that-
And him...


And you-soon too-
So certain in where you stand;

Might get fed up with
My questions
Asking

If
I did the right thing.

I believe you.
I believe you.

But I don't believe me-

I don't believe I was my best self

Though I was sure I was being
It at the time;

I'd rather think
I wasn't my best

Than that he rejected my best.

So
Maybe it's better that we don't
Agree-

Because believing you,
Means accepting it all,

And I
Don't believe that I can do that,

And I don't believe

In me.

No comments:

Post a Comment