Monday, May 17, 2010

No one



Talks about
The devastation it leaves.

No one;
Like we're just supposed to
Bounce back on our feet

And keep dreaming,
Unscathed-
Stay breathing

In the wake

And ignore the casualties.

But I guess I wasn't
Built that way,

With arms strong enough
To carry the weight it makes
Or
Agile enough to mend the
Heart it breaks.

No surgeon am
I
Hand unsteady-

Unsure of everything.

No one talks about
The bitter
Bite of loneliness
Or

How it hollows out
Places in your soul so deep
You didn't know you had them,

And don't have
Enough time in your life to
Reach them all.

No one talks about that.

They just wander on.

I
Don't wander on.
I can't wander on,
And not because of dwelling

Because I wasn't wired
To abandon ship
And wreck everything we've built

Just so I'LL be okay.

But it's never in the words
People say.

They just pass right through
Right passed
You

And you admire
Their lack-a-daisy ways.

And I wish I was more
Motivated

Or had a goal that hadn't faded
And
A
Heart that wasn't jaded;

I wish it were that way.

Because then I'd know that girl
From years ago-
Who had deep
Seeded ambition

And a fiery soul;
Determined-to take
On the world
Come
What may.

But I don't even know that girl
Anymore...

And
No
One
Talks about the blistering
Ache of that loneliness-

When you can't even make
The you
You used to know-

Stay...


No comments:

Post a Comment