Thursday, May 13, 2010

It gnaws away at
The spirit of me,
Day by day-

The way
There is nothing
Steady...
Nothing constant-

Nothing real.


I look at my life in segmets,

Once chapters-
Turned too short;
Too sporadic
To be great markers
In the legends of time.

It's in and out
Far and near
People go,
They come,
They stay,
If only for a moment

Then go again...

Mostly go.

And I am like
A trembling reed
Near the impatient creek-bed,
In the impatient wind-

Swaying to
And fro.

Praying
"God! Oh God!
Give me something!

Something still,
That's alive,

Not dull like the solid
Gray of loneliness...

Please God!"

And days pass and
The hope I find in the
Praying itself gets
Me
By...

Until I grow weary
And I fall and fumble again.

And miss the light
I once saw in the world,
And some days

The trees that drape over
Show sympathy;
Have mercy

And let in some light-
On this little blade
Of grass-
So fragile and weak.

And storms shatter overhead
And the roaring becomes the
Only lullaby
I know-

That gets me
To sleep.

And my life-
Is like
A distant
Memory...

And my future
Only a dream,

For the hours,
The fragments,
The whole days

Stuck on repeat
In monotony.

Oh I pray,
Save this little reed-
Father Time

And
Fair fortune-

I beg,

Give anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment