Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rugged

I swear-

I'm more exhausted than you know;

Writing you here-
With nothing to hide,

A million miles overcome;
So
Worn out,
And tired-

But still-

So
Real
And alive...

I'm rugged
And bruised-

But I'm doing alright.




Back there
In the city-

Before I took my flight;

Were the glassy,
Sky towers,
That glisten at night-

And the fake
Pop up houses,

The perfect facade-

That draws you in-
Forcefully;
Pretending it's God.

But it is not God...



Out here,
In these mountains,
The travels I've seen-

The ground has been
Rocky,

The dirt has been mean;

It's licked at my hands

And deep down to my soul-

But I knew in that city-

That I had to go.

And in this sweet
Solitude

I'm closer to God;
Not drowning in lies
Or the promises I bought,

I'm coming up rugged-
And the rubber is hot

From the soles of my sneakers;
And the holes from the rot

In my faded,
Worn out jeans.


I'm coming up rugged-

And although it seems-
You're better off than me;

It's a mask that you weave...

And this empty

Empire

Could never deceive,

Like the backbiting
High life

And the lies that you lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment